Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A lovely Creative Kids review for the Anansi session

I got a wonderful review about the Black History Month session I did at The William Morris Gallery this month. Thankyou again to the volunteers who work with me. We are a cracking team!



Dear WMG,

My daughter and I attended last weeks Creative Kids session run by Lesley and themed around African animals in relation to Black History Month. I wanted to write to offer feedback, very positive feedback! I was so impressed with Lesley's high concept session, the materials were fantastic and the activity of making animal masks and tabards was so thoroughly thought out and well prepared. And the interactive story also relating to the theme was great. My two year old Peggy can be a harsh critic if a session like this isn't fulfilling her in some way, but she was engaged throughout and really enjoyed herself, including afterwards bumping into other tigers and giraffes in the park!

So thank you to Lesley and the volunteers, and thanks to the WMG for facilitating this superb session. It's truly amazing that it is free, which makes a huge difference to how accessible such sessions are to our family.

We are booked in for next month, by which time Peggy's tiger costume will be well and truly worn out.


Friend and huge fan of the gallery,

I haven't got any pictures of their costumes but I took a picture of the toys I borrowed from walthamstow toy library to make an interactive Anansi story. How the spider got eight thin legs. Thanks Helen for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment